World Car Free Days - Update and invitation

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2008
      Dear friends who think that an occasional day without cars is maybe not a
      bad idea,

      This is to let you know that we have dug in and made an effort to get the
      World Car Free Days at http://worldcarfreedays.com/ in shape and ready both
      to inform and to act as a base for collaboration and exchange. Here are some
      of the high spots, most of which directly clickable on the small top menu:

      1. Translation: Many of the key pages have now been equipped with one
      click machine translation into and from: Dutch, French, German, Italian,
      Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Machine translation and tricky, but useful
      for the genuinely curious (like you),

      2. News: Latest CFD news

      3. Web: CFDs on the Web

      4. Countries: Where do go to find about CFDs in different countries

      5. 2008 Survey: Tell us about your CFD plans for 2008. There is a three
      minute short survey and another longer one that takes some ten minutes. Take
      your pick. But take.

      6. Video Library: 15 CFD videos. And plenty of room for your
      nominations.

      7. The Car Free Café – Been there for a decade and still a great place
      to share information and views of Car Free Days and more generally on cities
      with lots less cars.

      8. Image Library: A couple of our friends are working on bringing
      together a collection of Car Free Day images that you may find inspiring and
      useful. As soon as we have them in they will be added to the site.

      We hope you will find this useful, and that you will not hesitate to share
      your ideas with us on how to make it better. And please share this so that
      others will be able to make use of this collaborative effort – and perhaps
      join in with ideas, information and entries of their own.

      Team work for a better world.

      Eric Britton

      PS. Two interesting graphics below. The map shows the origins of the last
      seventy people to check into the site. And the listing below shows the
      countries of origin of the last 500. Hmm.