Sweden

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2008
      Hi,

      Erik (or anyone else):

      Are more details available of the mechanics of the charge?

      I've been concerned that the New York charge would not
      be successfully implemented (assuming we can eventually
      get past the political problems).

      Thanks & best regards,

      Joel

      ----- ### -----
    • Huang Eu Chai
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2008
        Hi everyone,
        here is a link to some information on congestion charging in Singapore:

        Electronic Road Pricing in Singapore
        <http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/index_motoring_erp.htm>

        I have been quiet for ages and too busy to follow the issued discussed
        closely, but since Singapore is the first country to promote the idea of
        road and congestion charging I thought I should take this opportunity to
        come back in. I just hope I'm repeating what someone else has already
        said!

        The system has worked relatively well over here, but it is also clear
        that it cannot provide a permanent solution to reducing congestion if
        car ownership and usage continue to climb. It can only slow it down
        within any one area by diverting traffic somewhere else. The fact that
        it generates a substantial revenue implies an inherent weakness in
        limiting traffic.

        Eu Chai

        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Erik (or anyone else):
        >
        > Are more details available of the mechanics of the charge?
        >
        > I've been concerned that the New York charge would not
        > be successfully implemented (assuming we can eventually
        > get past the political problems).
        >
        > Thanks & best regards,
        >
        > Joel
        >

        > ----- ### -----
        > J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
        > mailbox@... http://www.carfree.com

      • Carlosfelipe Pardo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2008
          Hi,

          Related to Singapore, Stockholm and London congestion charging
          mechanics, you can download any of our presentations on TDM which have
          case studies on those 3 cities and their basic mechanics and impacts. Go
          to www.sutp.org and in the documents section you can just search for
          "TDM", you'll find various documents with that info (of course,
          registration is needed for access to those documents, but it's free).

          Best regards,

          Carlosfelipe Pardo
          Coordinador de Proyecto- Project Coordinator
          GTZ - Proyecto de Transporte Sostenible (SUTP, SUTP-LAC)
          Cl 93A # 14-17 of 708
          Bogotá D.C., Colombia
          Tel/fax: +57 (1) 236 2309 Mobile: +57 (3)15 296 0662
          carlos.pardo@... www.gtz.de
          (carlos.pardo@... www.sutp.org )