ETech 2008: "Living, Reinvented: The Technology of Abundance and Constraints"

  • Stephen Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      Thought the car free list would find this interesting

      http://radar.oreilly.com/2008/08/etech-2009-cfp-living-reinvent.html

      Particularly this track:

      City Tech: Our cities are growing, getting bigger faster than ever
      before. People are rushing to them in search of economic and social
      opportunity—jobs, urban living, and access to culture. How can
      technology help us create livable, prosperous, sustainable cities? What
      should mass transit look like? How can we infuse urban infrastructure
      with sustainability? How are cities using citizens’ data to become
      smarter? What can economics tell us about the way urban populations will
      change and behave?

      This post is a request for participation. I don't know if JH or anyone
      else on the list is interested in presenting, but it might be a good venue.

      - Stephen