Resettlement of Yangtze villages to be of low or high density?

  • paulparma
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 9:26 PM
      'Any links or info regarding the nature of the infrastructure being
      provided for those residents displaced by the Three Gorges dam along
      the Yantze in China? The fill behind the dam is to be completed next
      year I have been reading.

      From what I've seen on travel shows and in readings the villages and
      towns along the Yantze above the dam are very dense, with walking
      actually eclipsing bicycle riding.

      I hope that these presently healthy and thin residents aren't saddled
      with wasteful and difficult distances of low density car
      infrastructure without the financial means to acquire the requisite
      automobile. I would consider it a loss if they were all given their
      own personal car.

      Paul P.