The Real Question: Should Oil Be Cheap?

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2008
      Business Week Online
      Rick sent you a Business Week link and the following message:

      Even Business Week is seeing high oil prices as a good thing now. One quote: If the U.S. manages the difficult feat of keeping the price of energy consistently high, what will the future look like? For a glimpse, take a ride on Atlanta's transit system, MARTA, with Kerri Hochgesang. The cost of commuting in her Nissan Xterra (NSANY) had ballooned to $460 per month, so in late June the 32-year-old lawyer switched to the train. "I thought it would be miserable and take forever," she says. It didn't: Her 25-mile commute is now 45 minutes instead of an hour and 20 minutes, and she can read instead of dodging traffic. "It's newfound 'me' time," says Hochgesang.

      The Real Question: Should Oil Be Cheap?
      http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_31/b4094000658012.htm

      If you no longer wish to receive these messages, please contact the sender
      (rickrise@...), and not Business Week Online.

      Copyright 2000-2001, by The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc. All rights reserved.