Re: MTA ready to vote on $30 billion sales tax increase initiative today

  • she4bikes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2008
      In our county, San Luis Obispo, we would go
      nuts over a rail system. We have local city transits
      that do not connect well to our county-wider system,
      and a cute little shuttle from inland to the ocean.
      We desperately need money and even our very conservative
      traditionally anti-transit transit board is begging
      people to beg California State Governor Schwarzenegger
      to not raid transit funds to balance the California
      State budget.
      So, we're small and need all the solidarity we can get.
      Perhaps we will push for the same actions as MTA.

      -Sheila

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Richard Risemberg