Re:GM: Trucks out, cars in (CNN, June 3)

  • Carlosfelipe Pardo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      Randy wrote:

      By the way, does anyone know roughly how long it would take to charge the
      Chevy Volt via pedal-powered generator? The car is a plug-in
      hybrid expected out in 2010 and will apparently drive 40 miles on a charge
      without using any gasoline. The pedal-powered generators that I'm referring
      to are here: www.sciencesharewar
      e.com It would be very amusing to see a
      bicycle-powered car, and of course the lack of exercise problem would be
      solved!

      CFP: I am guessing that the pedal power needed is much more than the
      actual pedaling on a heavy bike to ride the 40 miles... but that
      comparison would be interesting: how much more pedaling (energy
      expenditure) is needed to power an electric car.... but I can't help in
      that....