Re: proposal for megatowers for London...

  • Ed Beale
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
      Hi,

      I saw an interesting alternative vision of the use of towers in London
      at an exhibition called 'Greenhouse Britain' recently, an exhibition by
      two American artists Newton Harrison and Helen Mayer Harrison. They are
      thinking differently about housing solutions to climate change and
      propose towers shaped as an arc on the ground rising to a point,
      housing 15,000 people each and also having community gardens and food
      growing space on suspended floors. The biggest difference is that they
      propose that the entire ground space around and between the towers
      should be forested! They do not go into any details of how the
      transport might work but there are no roads visible at ground level in
      their drawings.

      The exhibition can be viewed online at
      http://greenhousebritain.greenmuseum.org/exhibition/virtual-exhibition/

      Best Wishes,