Times Square

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008
      Silke Schilling asked me to pass this along:

      Artists’ Times Square Reverence

      The Quiet Squares of the World
      STEPPING STONES TOWARDS THE DAY OF THE ARTS

      Sunday, April 13th 2008, 6:00 - 10:00 am (GMT -5:00)

      Getting a taste of a quiet square.
      Four hours of arts and serenity.
      An inquiry into the spirit of place.

      The session will be opened by a meditation on the island between 42nd and 43rd St.

      Join me in Times Square, New York, or connect from wherever you are: in New York, in other cities, in other squares, and at home.

      Find your noisy corners and be quiet. Discover your silence and creativity. Take a time out: for a few minutes, for half an hour, for an hour, for as long as you would like.

      Next reverences:
      Sunday, June 15th
      Sunday, July 17th

      Please check for updates at www.DayoftheArts.com/News

      Dear friends, meditators and artists in and around New York City,

      sorry for picking you from the New York meditation and yoga inquiry list, but since I am not from New York, I don't know any of you personally. However for this project I could really need your help and I thought maybe you like it and I will be running into wide open doors and get a welcoming reception with this idea and vision.

      Times Square Reverences are a stepping stone towards an arts and silence project, called

      Times Square Day of the Arts

      The Day of the Arts is a celebration of serenity in – probably - the fastest, most exciting and irritating, least quiet place in the world, a lived contrast in a city of contrasts:

      Imagine an unplugged Times Square, una Piazza del Tempo as mellow as an Italian town square, the Square of the Arts, and a people made open air play on Broadway.

      DAY OF THE ARTS is a slow day, a twenty-four hours lasting reverence to a place, a party of tranquility and creation. It is day of serenity, arts and contemplation, an inquiry into the mystery and the spirit of this place, and of the discovery of our inner silence and the artist in all of us. It is a vision yet to realize. Please join and visit www.DayoftheArts.com

      What is Times Square beneath all its layers of noise, speed, billboards, facades, and sensual impressions, all our opinions, thoughts, and all those things that exist in time and space? What is it like naked, stripped of all motion, hectic, excitement and flashing neon lights? What is like when still? What is it like when we are still? Let us be quiet so the place can speak.

      Love
      Silke Schilling
      --
      Silke Schilling