"Demand for Crackdown on Biofuels Scam"

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      From the Guardian (UK):

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/apr/01/biofuels.energy

      Rick

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.rickrise.com

    • Debra Efroymson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hi all. For those of you who know Bangkok and its
        singular love for cars and decades-long reluctance to
        accept, till very recently, that public transit should
        be surface and take away space from the cars, imagine
        my shock at seeing this headline on the front page of
        a leading paper: Condo parking lot ban sought in bid
        to ease traffic. Yes, Bangkok Metropolitan
        Administration wants to prevent condos for providing
        parking if they are located close to public transit.
        Wha, ya mean the cars are the problem? ;-)

        http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/03Apr2008_news02.php

        In Bangkok, they are also finally actually working on
        constructing the BRT, which will be interesting with
        streets already filled with concrete posts to support
        the many flyovers.

        Far from carfree, but when Bangkok does anything
        right, or even vaguely on track, I have to be
        impressed!

        (I'll spare you the bad news about Dhaka in this
        posting.)
        Debra Efroymson