Re: what we're up against...

  • Erik Sandblom
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27 10:43 AM
      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Simon Baddeley
      <s.j.baddeley@...> wrote:

      > Know that when reasoned argument, even that with which
      you
      > disagree, turns to rants like this you have your opponents rattled.

      Simon is right. Anti-pedestrian rants like this are actually a great
      ally. The best way to use them is to cite them -- most people will
      find the phrase "militant pedestrian" very funny if you just point it
      out to them.

      Before the Stockholm congestion tax was passed by referendum, a
      liberal tabloid (Expressen) published a column where the young lady
      noted the ridiculous notion, still peddled by extreme right wingers,
      that being green is just "chlorofyll communism".

      You can't make this stuff up, and we should treasure the gems the
      ranters give us.

      Erik Sandblom