perpetual motion?

  • dubluth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2008
      As far as I know, this didn't come from The Onion, though it reads
      like it.

      http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/Famed_geneticist_creating_life_form_that_turns_CO2_to_fuel_999.html

      He might engineer organisms that produce octane from a carbon dioxide
      feedstock. That isn't energy news. It's chemical news. The energy
      news would tell us where the microbes would get the energy to reduce
      the C in CO2. It would also tell us the ratio of that input to the
      mechanical output from burning the octane in an internal combustion
      engine. It should tell us how clean they could expect to make such a
      process, since energy and pollution are inextricably linked.

      Bill