a chance to raise our points?

  • Debra Efroymson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008
      Hi all. I don't know if this is worth the bother or
      not, but I thought it would be kind of fun if,
      regardless of what they WANT people to write about, we
      sent a bunch of abstracts on the potential of carfree
      cities to dramatically improve lung health.

      I plan to send one.

      (This is a BIG conference, and IUATLD, the organizers,
      have significant reach, though they seem to focus for
      the moment on TB and tobacco control.)

      Debra Efroymson

      REMINDER: CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

      Final deadline for submission of abstracts: 10 March
      2008

      39th Union World Conference on Lung Health, 16-20
      October 2008, Paris, France
      Conference theme: Global threats to lung health: the
      importance of health system responses

      Dear Colleagues,

      Please note that the final deadline for submitting
      your abstract is 10 March 2008. If you have not yet
      submitted your abstract, please do so by clicking on
      the conference website:

      http://www.worldlunghealth.org/Conf2008/abstract

      All abstracts should be submitted on line. Authors
      will be notified about the acceptance of their
      abstracts by e-mail by the end of June 2008.

      Should you have any queries or difficulties in
      submitting your abstracts please do not hesitate to
      contact us at the following e-mail address:
      scientific2008@....

      The Preliminary Programme will be posted on the
      conference website: http://www.worldlunghealth.org in
      March 2008. Online registration for the conference and
      hotel accommodation will be accessible via the website
      as of May 2008.

      Yours sincerely,

      Dr Nils BILLO, MD, MPH
      Dr Michael E. KIMERLING,