The Next Slum

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2008
      Hi All,

      Terrence "Lee" Zehrer forwarded to me this article
      that he found on Atlantic.com:

      The Next Slum?

      by Christopher B. Leinberger

      The subprime crisis is just the tip of the iceberg. Fundamental changes in American life may turn today�s McMansions into tomorrow�s tenements.

      http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803/subprime

      None of it is any great surprise to most of us,
      but it is interesting to see this kind of story
      appear in the mainstream press.

      Best,

      Joel

      ----- ### -----
    • Erik Sandblom
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2008
        wrote:

        > The Next Slum?
        >
        > by Christopher B. Leinberger
        >
        > The subprime crisis is just the tip of the iceberg. Fundamental
        changes in American life may turn today's McMansions into tomorrow's
        tenements.

        > http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803/subprime
        >

        > None of it is any great surprise to most of us,
        > but it is interesting to see this kind of story
        > appear in the mainstream press.

        Home Prices Drop Most in Areas with Long Commute
        http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89803663

        Erik Sandblom