Re: [carfree_cities] Folding Bikes (was: What about the weather?)

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      On Feb 3, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Jym Dyer wrote:

      > I'm happier with my Bike Friday, though. It's made in the
      > U.S. with least-toxic materials and practices, and its frame is
      > more durable and comfortable. Since I can afford this higher
      > price these days, that's the sort of business I want to support
      > with my money.

      Bike Fridays are excellent, and ride like a normal bicycle.

      They are three times the cost of a Dahon...but 1/20th the cost of a
      cheap new car. And supporting the most local possible business does
      make it possible to have enough tax receipts available to build
      carfree infrastructure!

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com