New forum on City Bikes - An invitation

  • eric.britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2008
      This is to invite any of you here who may share this interest to join a new
      forum here specifically focused on the issues around City or Public
      Bicycles. This is intended to provide a useful supplement to our on-going
      World City Bike Implementation Strategies project, for which you can find
      full details at http://www.citybike.newmobility.org/ (This forum is,
      incidentally, moderated to ensure that communications stay on topic.)

      Do we really need yet one more discussion group? Well I can think of two
      possible justifications for this. First. To save you and the others in this
      group the time and bother of yet more email and details in this specific
      area which may not be of immediate interest to all here. And second because,
      no more, no less, the world really does need people and groups who care
      about this useful form of low-carbon, high-equity new mobility to put their
      brains and energies together to make it happen. More, faster, and better!
      You can bet it won't be world government that will do it for us. ;-)

      To join: a blank message to WorldCityBike-subscribe@yahoogroups.com will do
      it nicely. And if you have thoughts for me on this, please do let me know.

      Eric Britton

      One more New Mobility guy