Re: [carfree_cities] car free vacations in US

  • Markus Heller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Hi,

      look here:
      http://www.autofrei-wohnen.de/usa.html
      I started a page like you`re looking for, but it is only a very short list. It`s in German, but with some English subtitles (in lilac letters).
      So if you want to create a webpage on carfree vacation destinations in the US, feel free to use what I collected - and let me know that I can link it from my page !

      There is also this list of carfree places in wikipedia.

      You could differ between places that
      1. are carfree (more or less), and
      2. those (not carfree) where it is easy to go for vacation without a car (travel by train, hotel pick up services, local bike rental etc).

      best wishes, Markus
      www.autofrei-wohnen.de/homeEngl.html