Flashy pro-rail website from Bombardier, focused somewhat on Canada and the USA

  • Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2007
      "Roads Add Cars... Trains Add to Life", and so on....

      This is a Flash page from Bombardier focused on the USA and Canada...
      very pretty, but with links to reports and other details.... it seems to
      be made for politicians to look at... to encourage them to get their
      staffs to check out the details, etc...."

      At the bottom of the page there is a way to register to get mailed more
      info and they ask for links to other reports, etc. which may be linked
      to from the website.

      <http://www.theclimateisrightfortrains.com/en/1_0/1_19/index.html>

      There might be some, er, sugar coating - I have been reading up lately
      on PT in Toronto and Vancouver and there seem to be some major problems
      - but that is to be expected from this PR "power website". There is at
      least one mention each of rail-guided transit creating lively places,
      encouraging walking (to transit stops) and so on... perhaps nothing
      about cycling but I haven't seen everything.

      ***

      Siemens of course has something similar, content-wise:
      <http://www.transportation.siemens.com/ts/en/pub/products/green_mobility.htm>
      but also stuff about traffic management, etc.

      - T

      Todd Edelman
      Director
      Green Idea Factory

      Korunni 72
      CZ-10100 Praha 10
      Czech Republic

      Skype: toddedelman
      ++420 605 915 970
      ++420 222 517 832

      edelman@...
      http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
      www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

      Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
      www.worldcarfree.net