Re: [carfree_cities] Where does this GHG (greenhouse gas) focus take us?

  • bruun@seas.upenn.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2007
      The California case is one where the higher level of government is
      simply trying to kick responsibility downstairs. For example,
      Proposition 13 is a very unfair and irresponsible law at the state
      level that needs to be repealed, but no one will touch it. It encourages
      sprawl because cities have an incentive to zone out children and zone
      in Walmarts and car dealers. Also, the state government just cut operating
      support to PT by $1.3 Billion annually.

      Eric Bruun