Re: Kids getting clobbered on the way to school

  • manfrommars_43
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
      I see this all the time here in Kent, Washington. As a member of the
      Bicycle Advisory Board, I recently invited a police liaison to our
      monthly meeting and we are working to see that "Inattentive Driving"
      violations ($125 fine) are being enforced.

      For myself, I have developed a new technique to slow down and shame
      speeding drivers. Instead of staring at the driver, (1) STARE AT HIS
      LICENSE PLATE. Fix your eyes on it like you will shout it out as
      your dying words if he tries to injure you. If that still doesn't
      work, take out your cell phone and (2) ZOOM IN ON HIS LICENSE AND TAKE
      A PICTURE as if you are ready to email it to the police.

      I guarantee you, drivers don't care if you cuss at them, but if you
      show intent to sue or report them to the police, they immediately
      crumble and comply!