Re: [carfree_cities] art project in Campinas - Brasil - 22 september

  • Sylvia Furegatti
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hi,
      i have just added my name/adress to this group. I am a brasilian artist who works with public interventions and i have just been invited to implement an art project for 2007'Car Free Day in the city i live, Campinas/São Paulo.

      It will has a sort of selected icons from national flags of the world chosen by two points:
      =the presence of circles forms in the centre of its national flag (like Brazilian one);
      =and its involvement with the 22'september concerns...

      At this time the flags/nations selected are: Brazil / Turkey / Portugal / Argentina / Japan / ...

      It is a colaborative/collective work of contemporary art made by ephemeral drawings in down town streets that will be closed this day.

      So, to continue de research phase of the project, i would like to have your collaboration with the following questions about countries, (yours or another one you know) wich national flag has circular elements:
      . 1- is there any cities involved in the Car Free Day comemoration that hapens at 22/september?
      . 2- if so, could you tell me how many habitants has the capital city?
      . 3 - How many cars the capital city has?

      With these data we will make a short report, like a flyer, that will be delivered during the next 22'september commemorations here in Campinas city/Brazil.

      Well, if you could help this project to goes on we will be very pleased!!!
      Thank you,
      Sylvia Furegatti

      (PS - to see another project i have done at Unicamp University goes to: http://wwww.iar.unicamp.br/pesquisas/provaveis )