Re: [carfree_cities] Strike Shuts Down Most of London’s Subway

  • doug@sfbackstory.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 8:47 AM
      Is this intended as an argument in favor of the urban automobile, as a counterweight to the power of organized labor?

      Doesn't work for me. Even if one accepts that such a counterweight is desirable, cars in cities are much more destructive, dangerous and expensive than an occasional strike.

      -Doug

      Doug Salzmann
      P.O. Box 378
      Tiburon, CA 94920