Re: [carfree_cities] What Cars Do to Cities--an example

  • doug@sfbackstory.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2007
      Excellent example. "What in the world were they thinking...?"

      Autocentric cities are "livable" only if we define the term so broadly as to include any environment that is not (always) immediately fatal. Hundreds of millions of humans would disagree, of course, but rats exposed to lifetimes of random electrical shocks think their worlds are normal, too -- up to the very moments when they die, prematurely.

      -Doug

      Doug Salzmann
      P.O. Box 378
      Tiburon, CA 94920