Re: [carfree_cities] Bicycling, road hogs, & LA

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
      > And I'm not sure that runners have the same right to a lane
      > as bicyclists absolutely do.

      =v= As per the California Vehicle Code, they don't. That's
      why I don't think it's so great to lump bikers and runners in
      together. Too many motorists are already ignorant of bikers'
      rights to the road, and I fear this will confuse them.

      > However, the fact that they're addressing bicyclists' rights
      > in any kind of positive and semi-intelligent way is a big
      > step forward for the post-Tribune_purchase LA Times!

      =v= They did a pretty wacky story about Critical Mass last
      Sunday. It looks as if it was written 10 years ago, plus
      a handful of recent factoids thrown it. It painted a very
      strange picture of the San Francisco ride, and you'd barely
      know there were several of them going on in L.A.
      <_Jym_>