car boost obesity

  • Ian Fiddies
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12 2:30 AM
      Hi All
      Nothing we didn't allready know. My thought is that by focusing on the vanity aspect a few drivers might be reached that would be oblivious to other arguments.
      http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2147132,00.html
      Ian Fiddies

    • Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12 5:58 AM
        Well, many people on this list may know this, but for sure most news
        reports on how people are gaining weight focus on 1 - too much (of the
        wrong kind of ) food, 2 - Not going to the gym enough (adults) or not
        exercising enough at school (children), so it's great that a third cause
        is mentioned (and of course this is just a modern replacement for the
        second one)... what is worrying is that so many health experts have
        invested so much in the first two that - at least in this article - they
        seem to get defensive about it....

        ... what is also interesting for me is the additional eating brought on
        my long-distance and commuter driving (in other words reasons 1 and 2 or
        3, together)... after all, it seems like every petrol station has a
        market and restaurant attached to it.... and unlike a situation with a
        pedestrian and their street food, after a fill up, drivers and their
        passengers just sit down.

        - T

        Ian Fiddies wrote:

        > Hi All
        > Nothing we didn't allready know. My thought is that by focusing on the
        > vanity aspect a few drivers might be reached that would be oblivious
        > to other arguments.
        > http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2147132,00.html
        > <http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2147132,00.html>
        > Ian Fiddies

        Todd Edelman
        Director
        Green Idea Factory

        Korunní 72
        CZ-10100 Praha 10
        Czech Republic

        Skype: toddedelman
        ++420 605 915 970
        ++420 222 517 832

        edelman@...
        http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
        www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

        Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
        www.worldcarfree.net