Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Rail Travel Advantages

  • Warren Weisman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2007
      The other day I was cycling through town (Eugene,
      Oregon) and a train came through town carrying 40-foot
      van trailers from tractor-trailers on flatcars.
      Curiosity got the best of me, so I stopped and counted
      the trailers. Just how many tractor-trailers can a
      train with two engines do the work of? There was 120
      trailers. That is: one hundred and twenty.

      http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/