Re:grim climate numbers

  • primemgmt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2007
      "I see almost no one addressing the elephant in the garage, namely,
      America's overwhelming dependence on the automobile"

      I agree with your point, the cure to the problem is an entire
      culture change. I often wonder if it is possible in the US,
      particularly the south where the mention of riding the bus gets you
      a crazed look from neighbors. Sigh.

      I was watching PBS last night and caught the very end of a car-free
      city in Italy (not Venice). It was a small town of around 600
      people, on the coast, does anyone know the name of this town? There
      could be many like it I suppose, but just wondering if anyone saw
      this show and has the name.

      Thanks,

      JR