Re: [carfree_cities] climate change report

  • Christopher Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2007
      The Inited Nations Environment Program has a site in Norway with
      numerous downloadable documents and graphics:

      http://www.grida.no/

      The graphics and maps site (15 pages) is here:

      http://maps.grida.no/go/searchFree/q/climate+change

      (You need to search around a bit to find relevant graphics and maps...)

      Another site, which uses Google maps as its base, illustrates
      foreseeable effects of different degrees of sea level rise:

      http://flood.firetree.net/

      Hope these turn out useful...

      Chris Miller

      Christopher Miller
      Montreal QC Canada

      On 7-Apr-07, at 7:59 AM, J.H. Crawford wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Most of you probably know by now that the IPCC was
      > able to publish a report yesterday that shows we're
      > in pretty deep trouble with climate change. The report
      > is, alas, 1500 pages long, and I'm not going to be
      > able to read it. What's missing from today's reporting
      > is a dozen maps showing how much sea level will rise
      > over time, how much warmer it will get in various
      > places, and how rainfall patterns will change.
      >
      > If anyone comes across this information, please post
      > links to it here on the list.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Joel
      >
      > ----- ### -----
      > J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      > mailbox@... http://www.carfree.com

    • Christopher Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2007
        On 8-Apr-07, at 5:02 PM, Christopher Miller wrote:

        > The Inited Nations Environment Program has a site in Norway with
        > numerous downloadable documents and graphics:
        (...)

        That should of course be United Nations Environment Program...

        Christopher Miller
        Montreal QC Canada