Opportunity for giving input on EU urban transport green paper preparation

  • Justin Hyatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2007
      Hello,

      I was recently at a conference in Szentendre, Hungary, which was a
      consultation of the European Commission with various stakeholders, in
      view to prepare a green paper on urban transport.

      The good news is that the public consultation has been included on the
      website of the EU Commission's Directorate-General for Energy and
      Transport. There is a questionnaire that can be filled out, which
      invites input on this area. It is a great opportunity for people in
      the carfree movement to make our voices heard. There is room in the
      questionnaire to add one's own thoughts and suggestions, thus
      encouraging the Commission to place a higher emphasis on quality
      carfree urban space, among other things, is definitely possible.

      Information about the green paper and the questionnaire can be found here:

      http://ec.europa.eu/transport/clean/green_paper_urban_transport/public_consultation_en.htm

      Regards

      Justin Hyatt