UK: Building sector sets green goals, including transport

  • Green Idea Factory
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26 11:03 PM
      *Some of the UK's leading property and construction firms are joining
      forces to limit the environmental impact of the nation's homes and offices.

      Excerpt:
      *

      He added that the environmental impact of locating new buildings was an
      area that would also come under scrutiny.

      "It is an absolutely fundamental issue because if we carry on developing
      out-of-towns it will have a disastrous effect.

      "So we have to make sure that all developments are carried out close to
      public transport in environmentally effective ways," he added.

      "That takes the whole picture of sustainability into account; it is not
      only about carbon but it is about where people live and how they live."

      *
      *

      Todd Edelman
      Director