Fwd: [carfree_network] petition

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2007
      This received message may be of interest to EU citizens:

      Dear Sir / Madam,

      Recently the European Commission presented their new plans for a clean energy strategy. Unfortunately, the conclusion after reading the report must be that, interesting as the proposed package of measures may be, the Commission misses a great opportunity to work towards a true European approach.

      The Commission leaves the initiative to implement and develop the goals up to the individual member states, while European leadership is called for. This disintegrated approach will not result enough in the substantial acceleration of R&D-spending that is needed. Only a common policy on the allocation of research funding and large-scale implementation of energy sources can ensure the best use of the geographical and other advantages of the various member states.

      We are trying to mobilize fellow civilians, politician and organizations, in order to convince our governments that they can make an important step towards an integral sustainable energy-policy in the next months. We kindly request your support: please sign the petition on www.eurenew.eu . It would also be of great help if you could forward this message and/or place the enclosed banner as a link on your website.

      Thanks in advance!

      Sincerely,

      Boris van der Ham, Member of Parliament, the Netherlands

      Geert Lambert, Member of Parliament, Belgium

      a.o.

      www.eurenew.eu