Re: Toyota, an All American car company?

  • dawie_coetzee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
      Despite being covered with subtle cues intended to imply open, user-
      engageable technologies that truck is unlikely to be any better than
      the Prius. To my mind the Prius is ecologically the worst car on the
      market, because it most entrenches mass production as a
      legal/technological necessity and takes the artificial separation of
      consumer and producer that has polluted the debate since LA in
      the '60's to an unprecedented level.

      Toyota's products are indeed designed to be used inappropriately,
      that is, for daily transportation. I am certain that the Tundra's
      suitability for appropriate use, i.e. occasional fun, is only skin-
      deep. There might be a useful parts, though, but they would need a
      lot of work...

      It's an off-the-wall stance, I know. *sigh* -Dawie

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Edelman" <edelman@...>
      wrote:

      > "The Asian automakers have cornered the market on vanilla," says
      Global