Re: the emissions still happen why insist that they don't?

  • tim
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 5:12 PM
      >=v= How so? As I've already pointed out, with electric vehicles
      >(EVs) the emissions still happen, they're just happening
      >somewhere else. Why insist that they don't? Ignoring such
      >realities is exactly the kind of thinking that's gotten us into
      >this cars-everywhere mess in the first place!

      No you are wrong to blame the EV's
      for the polluting powerstations

      EV,s have thier place
      I've never suggested anything like a 1 for 1 swap for IC's
      or even worse 1 for 1 with cars
      I am not particularly in favour of cars
      or batteries come to that

      sure bicycles are best
      maybe thats a starting point for agreement

      read my project again
      where have you got your sour ideas from ?

      I dont believe your statistics
      Its not worth arguing over them either
      they may be appropriate to you

      ideas that are trying to introduce
      clean quiet slow community transport
      can do without being rubbished
      or aligned with :-

      >kind of thinking that's gotten us into
      >this cars-everywhere mess in the first place!

      >emissions started to increase when more than
      >5% of the cars on the road were EVs;
      >Actually reducing emissions is, apparently,
      >outside the realm of consideration

      >waste renewable sources on a
      >5% elite, just so they can share same wasteful....

      >> I love bicycles too
      >> hoping to explore the electric ones soon

      >=v= Thereby turning a TRUE zero-emission vehicle into something
      >that pollutes. Pfui.

      how do you know that I even have legs
      or what I do for a living, with how many kids
      it would be easier not to think or care anymore
      but I am being practical with what I can

      you can change the world in your own way
      I am interested to hear about it

      as I said I am looking for positive ideas
      encouraging people into environmentally friendly transport
      (appropriate to where its used)