Toyota, an All American car company?

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2007
      "The Asian automakers have cornered the market on vanilla," says Global
      Insight automotive analyst Rebecca Lindland.

      "Now they're adding the hot fudge chocolate with cherries on top, which is
      what they have to do to progress in the US market."

      ***

      More proof for the doubters that the Prius is mainly a stunt and that all
      Toyota is doing is moving in as GM, Ford etc move out. This new truck is
      ready-made to kill. Dont be fooled by Toyota. Every little green thing
      they do is more than cancelled out by the many more little ungreen things
      they do (just selling cars of any type).

      Toyota knows its products are used inappropriately and kill perhaps over a
      hundred thousand people a year, considering their market share. But they
      continue to make these products.

      Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6247479.stm

      Todd Edelman
      Director
      Green Idea Factory

      Korunní 72
      CZ-10100 Praha 10
      Czech Republic

      ++420 605 915 970
      Skype: toddedelman

      edelman@...
      http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain

      Green Idea Factory,
      a member of World Carfree Network
    • dawie_coetzee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
        Despite being covered with subtle cues intended to imply open, user-
        engageable technologies that truck is unlikely to be any better than
        the Prius. To my mind the Prius is ecologically the worst car on the
        market, because it most entrenches mass production as a
        legal/technological necessity and takes the artificial separation of
        consumer and producer that has polluted the debate since LA in
        the '60's to an unprecedented level.

        Toyota's products are indeed designed to be used inappropriately,
        that is, for daily transportation. I am certain that the Tundra's
        suitability for appropriate use, i.e. occasional fun, is only skin-
        deep. There might be a useful parts, though, but they would need a
        lot of work...

        It's an off-the-wall stance, I know. *sigh* -Dawie

        --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Edelman" <edelman@...>