Parisian neighbours meet online

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2007
      Parisian neighbours meet online

      Cities may cram people together like sardines in a supermarket, but many
      of those living an urban life can end up feeling more lonely than on a
      picnic on Pluto. But one French networking website is trying to change all
      that.

      Just as most Parisians are too cool to visit the Eiffel Tower, most of us
      ignore the possibilities for friendships immediately outside our front
      door.

      Founder Nathan Stern said: "The idea from the start was to create links
      between people who shouldn't really meet, who don't really have an
      affinity, who aren't part of the same group or network.

      "How do we do that? We go beyond group status and membership and create
      accidents, chaos. And when you come to these Apero de quartier for a while
      you develop a familiarity among people who you previously not think of
      belonging to your world."

      Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/6233429.stm

      Todd Edelman
      Director