Marriage without end

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2006
      How can we/should we (try to) compete with this?
      - T

      Renault tunes up Romania's top carmaker

      Even when the Iron Curtain was fully extended, and consumers in the
      Eastern Bloc were grateful for whatever they could get, Romania's Dacia
      cars got a bit of a rough ride.

      Not quite as robust as the Lada or as cheap as the Trabant, the Dacia
      would often solicit a sharp intake of breath from drivers who became
      experts at keeping their cars running on - and sometimes with - a
      shoestring.

      Today, the brand is enjoying a resurgence after it was bought by the
      French carmaker Renault and put smack bang at the centre of the carmaker's
      plans for the future.

      full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6199843.stm

      Todd Edelman
      Director