Re:Public transport week for China

  • Karen Sandness
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2006
      Ah yes, now China wakes up, after encouraging people to buy private
      cars and building roadways to accommodate them.

      When I was in China in 1990, there would have been no need for a
      car-free day, because most people in most cities rode bicycles or took
      transit.

      However, recent Chinese films that I have seen portray cities choked
      with automobile traffic. They should have quit while they were ahead.

      In transit,
      Karen Sandness