Flash mob? [LotsLessCars] Light-Free, Car-Free Day - Idea Factory

  • Carlos F. Pardo SUTP
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      I think we could do a series of flash mobs during CFD 2007 where people
      would go to a specific place and set up a park, a playground, a beach, a
      living room, etc. It may need some logistics, but it's not very difficult
      when there's lots of people willing to help. It would renovate carfree days
      to a certain extent and maybe it could generate greater awareness of the
      many uses public space (and specifically streets) could have. Space
      Hijackers in London have really done a lot in this respect as well.

      Carlos F. Pardo
      ps: basic info about flashmobs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob :

      "In modern usage, flash mob describes a group of people who assemble
      suddenly in a public place, do something unusual for a brief period of time,
      and then quickly disperse. They are usually organized with the help of the
      Internet or other digital communications networks."