Re: Bogus pro-highway "study" needs a response!

  • Matt Hohmeister
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
      Didn't lower Manhattan evacuate relatively quickly on 11 September
      2001? And, if I'm not mistaken, didn't a lot of vehicular roads turn
      into giant pedestrian roads?

      Yet every time a McCity has to be evacuated before a hurricane, the
      interstate never seems to have enough capacity.

      I especially love the part about rental cars. I live a few blocks from
      a Budget station which has 10-20 rental cars on the lot at any given
      time, so they'll be primed and ready to evacuate, oh, 50-100 people
      when the Big One strikes.

      And, of course, giving low-income people access to own cars will help
      them evacuate too. Must be why most cities force landlords to provide
      tenants with "free" parking.

      [/sarcasm]