9626Re: [carfree_cities] Re: [CF] jaywalking is good for cities

  • Simon Baddeley
    Mar 1, 2006
      I agree. In fact looking at "urban planning" I see Joel's touch already. If
      Wikipedia were anything to go by you'd feel plenty of confidence in the
      momentum of the carfree cities vision - in its varied forms. What I'd hope
      is that a student could be referred to Wikipedia as a useful set of sources
      for roving around and getting informed about carfree options.

      > From: "J.H. Crawford" <mailbox@...>
      > Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:41:16 +0000
      > To: <carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: Re: [carfree_cities] Re: [CF] jaywalking is good for cities
      >

      >> Perhaps something like this would be effective:
      >>
      >> In many countries, such regulations do not exist, and jaywalking is an
      >> unknown concept.
      >>
      >> To this:
      >>
      >> In many countries--and [cafree cities] such as Venice--such regulations
      >> do not exist, and jaywalking is an unknown concept.
      >
      > Let's be factual, objective, and reasonable. But let's not
      > pussyfoot around.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic