9583Re: [carfree_cities] Re: permanent energy crisis

    Feb 18, 2006
      >Nuclear power is hugely abundant, but is saddled with decades
      >of lies, propaganda, and misconceptions

      and a small town named Chernobyl

      >Those three power sources, used together and tied to a massively
      >upgraded grid, could provide at least European levels of energy usage
      >to pretty much the entire world. The total capacity of such a system
      >would be LARGE, but is quite doable.

      The supply of fissile material is quite limited in terms
      of supplying most of the world's energy for more than
      an interlude of a couple of generations.

      Then there's the minor problem of nuclear waste.

      So, no solution here. And the GNER thing is really only a
      concept, not proven technology. And there isn't yet a new
      generation of proven technology.

      I agree that we'll probably see quite a few more nukes built,
      but I don't think it's going to change very much.