9563Re: "America is addicted to oil"

  • Mike Neuman
    Feb 7, 2006
      The U.S. is not a cheapskate when it comes to funding highway and
      airport developments. About the only two areas of U.S. investment
      larger than highways and airports are U.S. military expeditures and
      2006's tax breaks for the rich!

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Dawson"
      <m82a1_dawson@...> wrote:

      > So Uncle Sam is really cheap (my government is just as cheap too),
      no wonder
      > we've gone from being in the 1st to 4th world transportation wise
      here in
      > North America.
      >
      > Till later, Andrew
      >
      > >From: Jym Dyer <jym@...>
      > >To: carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [carfree_cities] re: "America is addicted to oil"
      > >Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:47:26 -0800
      > >
      > >http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2006/transportation.html
      > >
      > > > I took a look at link you provided and saw what there was for
      > > > the US DOT, which is not much. Any ways there is practically
      > > > nothing decent for the FTA or Amtrak.
      > >
      > >=v= $21 billion over one year for air travel depicted as peachy.
      > >$283.9 billion over six years for highways, depicted as lovely.
      > >$29 billion over thirty-five years for Amtrak, depicted as a
      > >horrible, horrible thing that must be destroyed.
      > > <_Jym_>
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic