9453RE: [carfree_cities] Re: Latest from George Monbiot

  • Andrew Dawson
    Jan 1, 2006
      It's funny that you should bring this up, today I got kicked off a
      libertaryan list called "Transport Policy". Most of the people well known
      transit haters like Wendell Cox, Mel Zucker, Randall O'Toole, Thomas Rubin
      and etc. The people there didn't believe me that Amtrak costs less than 4
      cents per person in the USA per day and that roads aren't fully covered by
      user fees. Ignorance is bliss and these people are very ignorant to the
      world around them.

      Take care, Andrew

      >From: "Matt Hohmeister" <mdh6214@...>
      >To: carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [carfree_cities] Re: Latest from George Monbiot
      >Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:41:43 -0000
      >
      >*screams in agony*
      >
      >I'm no libertarian, but a close friend of mine is, and we enjoy discussing
      >the liberal and
      >libertarian points of view on different political issues. He is a real
      >libertarian, though, and
      >does NOT think sprawl is a result of the "free market" at work. They will
      >ignore the $60M
      >the City of Tallahassee spent on a 4-mile road extension nobody wanted,
      >then turn
      >around and scream bloody murder at the $6M subsidy to the city's bus
      >system.
      >
      >--- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "J.H. Crawford" <mailbox@c...>
      >wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > The Anti-Social Bastards in Our Midst
      > >
      > > The car is turning us into a nation of libertarians
      > >
      > > By George Monbiot. Published in the Guardian 20th December 2005
      > >

      >http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2005/12/20/the-anti-social-bastards-in-our-
      >midst/
      > >
      > > Regards,
      >

      >Post messages to: carfree_cities@...