9452Re: Latest from George Monbiot

  • Matt Hohmeister
    Jan 1, 2006
      *screams in agony*

      I'm no libertarian, but a close friend of mine is, and we enjoy discussing the liberal and
      libertarian points of view on different political issues. He is a real libertarian, though, and
      does NOT think sprawl is a result of the "free market" at work. They will ignore the $60M
      the City of Tallahassee spent on a 4-mile road extension nobody wanted, then turn
      around and scream bloody murder at the $6M subsidy to the city's bus system.

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "J.H. Crawford" <mailbox@c...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > The Anti-Social Bastards in Our Midst
      >
      > The car is turning us into a nation of libertarians
      >
      > By George Monbiot. Published in the Guardian 20th December 2005
      >
      > http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2005/12/20/the-anti-social-bastards-in-our-
      midst/

      > Regards,
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic