9439RE: [carfree_cities] Latest from George Monbiot

  • Andrew Dawson
    Dec 22, 2005
      Hey, I don't like Wendell Cox's auto-cratic tone either, but for an odd time
      he has a semi-valid point. Transit is an essential service, so going on
      strike just hurts passengers. If transit workers want to do some thing
      constructive, then when they are off duty, make a blockade on the
      Interstates.

      This also reminds me of that stupid grocery workers strike in California a
      while back. What the workers should have done was block off walmart stores
      when they were off duty, not their employers stores. Make walmart pay the
      price for killing North American jobs.

      Take care, Andrew

      >From: Doug Salzmann <doug@...>
      >To: carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [carfree_cities] Latest from George Monbiot
      >Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:32:58 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Andrew Dawson wrote:
      >
      > > On the subject of libertarians I present this. Take care, Andrew
      > >
      > > http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/cox200512201448.asp
      >
      >Wow. Transit and unions in the cross-hairs at the same time. Surely, Cox
      >has died and gone to heaven.
      >
      >The TWU strikers *and* the MTA should charge him for this opportunity.
      >

      > -Doug
      >

      >--
      >Doug Salzmann
      >P.O. Box 1007