8913August Issue of New Colonist

    Jul 31, 2005
      he August issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
      This month's features:

      Rite of Passage vs. Right of Passage
      Recent high school graduate Andrew Hitchcock muses oautomobilism,
      youth and the future....
      A Taste of Paradise
      Richard Risemberg hooks up with Critical Mass....
      There's Too Much Space in Our Place
      Eric Miller on monster trucks and monster houses....
      Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather
      forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
      calculator, with more on the way!
      Vox Civitatis
      Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
      assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
      state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.
      And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other
      resources in our comprehensive Archive!