8612Re: [carfree_cities] FW: [Tr2000] Bombardier puts the brakes on N.A. high-speed train plans

  • Doug Salzmann
    Jun 3, 2005
      On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Todd Edelman wrote:

      > Dont get relaxed about the Russians, however, they
      > made the regional DMU at the following link for the
      > Hungarians and Czech railways. Get this, folks: It has
      > a barrierfree toilet but way to get up those steps:
      > http://www.cd.cz/static/old/NEW/TCD2005/5_8motor.htm

      Wow, the floor of that unit must be four feet above grade. In what decade
      was it built, and what in the world is crammed underneath?

      As for the toilet, hey, anyone who can climb into that car will find any
      toilet facility ever designed easy to use. The rest of us can look for
      restrooms while we walk or wheel to our destinations.

      -Doug

      Doug Salzmann
      P.O. Box 1007
      Larkspur, CA 94977