8178Re: Lindbergh City Center Transit Oriented Development

  • emccaughrin
    Mar 8, 2005
      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Felton Johnson"
      <larryj@g...> wrote:
      > Lindbergh City Center was the first of the big TOD plans
      > announced in Atlanta, but it's moved along more slowly
      > than some of the recent high profile projects, so it had
      > slipped from my attention. Recently someone passed along
      > a link to an article with updated info.

      "TOD" my ass. The new office building will have 7(!) floors of car
      parking. Just because a development happens to be located in
      proximity to an underutilized and overpriced rail line doesn't mean
      it isn't yet another car-oriented project.

      The good news is that it doesn't appear vast sums of taxpayer money
      were spent on the project -- unlike similar TOD developments going
      on with at BART stations.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic