8044Re: [carfree_cities] American rickshaws?

  • CEB
    Feb 1, 2005
      Chris!

      That stuff is so cool it almost made it cry.

      One good thing about Velotaxi and some of these designs is their capacity for generating revenue by being a moving advert. This of course brings in the "corporate rape of public visual space" issue but sometimes traffic calm-promising is ok or you could advertise only socially-beneficially things...

      Does the Danish ad bike thing rotate? Genius!!

      Todd
      > Od: Christopher Miller <christophermiller@...>
      > Komu: carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com
      > Datum: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:54:39 -0500
      > Předmět: Re: [carfree_cities] American rickshaws?
      >

      > A couple of links to other manufacturers that I know of:
      >
      > Nihola in Denmark build several models of individual/family
      > three-wheelers. Most of the information on the site is in Danish and
      > German. They have English translations in the works but they aren't up
      > yet for the most part. However, their pictures are worth a thousand
      > words: there are several for each of the models listed in the linkbar
      > on the left side of the page. And don't mind the whimsical names like
      > Cigar family and Cigar dog: click on the link and you'll see what
      > they're all about. The Nihola page:
      >
      > http://www.nihola.dk/
      >
      > Some interesting electric-assisted quadricycles targeted at commercial
      > users are designed by Advanced Vehicle Designs in England. They include
      > a Taxi, Van and Stablemate models and go for between 3000 and 4800
      > euros depending n the model:
      >
      > http://www.a-v-d.com/
      >
      > The parent company recently sold off this segment of their business to
      > a German company, whose site still only has partial information:
      >
      > http://www.work-bikes.de/
      >
      > The designs have also been licensed to a US group of entrepeneurs in
      > Pennsylvania, who have tons of info and images on their site:
      >
      > http://www.kronosport.com/
      >
      > As it is, it looks like there is a "trike-load" of good ideas for
      > workbikes out there, ready to take the place of conventional cars and
      > small trucks if given a chance. Is anyone else aware of other workbike
      > oufits?
      >
      > Chris Miller
      > Washington DC/Mount Rainier, Maryland
      >
      > On Feb 1, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Richard Risemberg wrote:
      >

      > > I've ridden commercial pedicabs in Santa Barbara, California, and I
      > > think thehre's an operation in Denver--not sure. The folks to contact
      > > would be the ones doing a good business selling pedicabs (trishaw) in
      > > the US. Start with this bunch:
      > >
      > > http://www.pedicab.com/

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic