8042Re: [carfree_cities] American rickshaws?

    Feb 1, 2005
      I've ridden commercial pedicabs in Santa Barbara, California, and I
      think thehre's an operation in Denver--not sure. The folks to contact
      would be the ones doing a good business selling pedicabs (trishaw) in
      the US. Start with this bunch:

      http://www.pedicab.com/

      Rick

      On Feb 1, 2005, at 1:55 AM, Debra Efroymson wrote:

      > I think it would be great fun to start promoting
      > rickshaws (somehow tricycles sound like they're for
      > little kids) in the US, as a solution to so many of
      > our problems: unemployment, air pollution, high cost
      > of fuel, global warming, etc. I know they're used in
      > some places in the West (such as velotaxi in Germany,
      > no?), though mostly I've seen it for tourists. Not
      > only would it push the debate a bit in the US, it
      > would be immensely helpful for countries in Asia where
      > we're trying to defend them from attack.
      > Anyone with connections to newspapers interested in
      > working with me on this?
      > Debra Efroymson (anima1205@...)
      http://www.living-room.org
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic